API Documentation | Acknowledgement
An acknowledgement represents a single acknowledgement of an alert. Each acknowledgement has a defined start and end point during which the alert is considered acknowledged.
Fetching details for an acknowledgement is as simple as performing a GET on the acknowledgement cid:
From this we can see:
- That this was an acknowledgement for the alert /alert/1098869
- That the acknowledgement started when it was _acknowledged_on at 1382104711 (2013-10-18T13:58:31Z) and ended five minutes later since it was _acknowledged_until 1382105011 (2013-10-18T14:03:31Z.)
- It was _acknowledged_by /user/2345 (which therefore is presumably the user responsible for dealing with whatever the problem was for that duration)
You can can acknowledge an alert by creating a new acknowledgement. In this example we acknowledge an alert until Christmas 2020:
You'll note that you can't set the time the alert was acknowledged on - it's automatically set to the current time.
You can also acknowledge an alert for a duration using the special relative
time string format. Here we acknowledge an alert for five minutes using the
Modifying an acknowledgement
You can update an existing acknowledgement by PUTing data to the cid. For example, to extend the acknowledgement window by another hour from the current time you simply PUT a new acknowledged_until value.
Or to change the notes:
As is normal with Circonus the PUT method returns the full JSON of the updated acknowledgement in response.
Alerts can be filtered on any of their fields. For example, here we
search for all acknowledgements to alert
expired on or before 1356393600:
Acknowledgements cannot be deleted because they represent a historic record of something that has happened. To cancel an acknowledgement simply set an acknowledgement to be acknowledged_until the current time (or any time in the past, which will have the same effect)
Circonus Keyboard Shortcuts
- Jump to the user documentation.
- Show this keyboard help screen.
- Close help screens and dialogs.
- Focus on any available search field.
- Refresh content on the page without reloading the entire page; currently works on graphs, worksheets, and dashboards.
Graph Grid Shortcuts
- On a worksheet, hold it down to invert the current legend hover
On “My Graphs” and the “Trending & Analytics Dash,” hold it down to show the legend when hovering over a graph.
- Hold down to show the date shifting toolbar for modifying the start date. Can be combined with <period>.
- Hold down to show the date shifting toolbar for modifying the end date. Can be combined with <comma>.
- Nudge the date range for the current graph(s) backward.
- Nudge the date range for the current graph(s) forward.
- Toggle the display of histogram sparklines (shown upon hovering over a graph when viewing or when on a dashboard).
- Hold down to unlock graph hovering datapoint selection, allowing mouse hovering to select nearby datapoints.
Mousewheel & Touchpad Shortcuts
- Hold down while scrolling to zoom graphs' Y axes.
- Hold down while scrolling to zoom graphs' X axis.
- Hold down while scrolling to shift graphs' X axis.
- Hold down while scrolling to shift graphs' X axis start dates. Can be combined with <period>.
- Hold down while scrolling to shift graphs' X axis end dates. Can be combined with <comma>.