API Documentation | Caql
The CAQL API endpoint provides a way to extract data from Circonus using a CAQL query. Please note that this is a BETA API endpoint, and is subject to change without notice.
To extract data, perform an HTTP GET request to /caql including the following query parameters:
- A well-formed CAQL query
- The start time, in epoch seconds, of the duration you wish to query data from
(default: 60 seconds before
- The end time, in epoch seconds, of the duration you wish to query data from
(default: 5 minutes before the current time rounded to the nearest minute)
- The resolution of data, in seconds, you want to get back
In addition to specifying metrics by Check UUID and Metric Name, you can use the CAQL Search Package to find matching metrics. In the following example, we search for data from all Checks having a "duration" metric:
See the CAQL Reference Manual for a full description of the CAQL syntax and packages available.
Circonus Keyboard Shortcuts
- Jump to the user documentation.
- Show this keyboard help screen.
- Close help screens and dialogs.
- Focus on any available search field.
- Refresh content on the page without reloading the entire page; currently works on graphs, worksheets, and dashboards.
Graph Grid Shortcuts
- On a worksheet, hold it down to invert the current legend hover
On “My Graphs” and the “Trending & Analytics Dash,” hold it down to show the legend when hovering over a graph.
- Hold down to show the date shifting toolbar for modifying the start date. Can be combined with <period>.
- Hold down to show the date shifting toolbar for modifying the end date. Can be combined with <comma>.
- Nudge the date range for the current graph(s) backward.
- Nudge the date range for the current graph(s) forward.
- Toggle the display of histogram sparklines (shown upon hovering over a graph when viewing or when on a dashboard).
- Hold down to unlock graph hovering datapoint selection, allowing mouse hovering to select nearby datapoints. The heads-up legend will also show on the graph while this shortcut is held down.
Mousewheel & Touchpad Shortcuts
- Hold down while scrolling to zoom graphs' Y axes.
- Hold down while scrolling to zoom graphs' X axis.
- Hold down while scrolling to shift graphs' X axis.
- Hold down while scrolling to shift graphs' X axis start dates. Can be combined with <period>.
- Hold down while scrolling to shift graphs' X axis end dates. Can be combined with <comma>.