API Documentation | Check Move
Use this API to request that a Check be moved from one Broker to another. You can also check the status of existing move requests and update or delete them.
Move requests will be acted on at the top of each minute.
For a Check move to be successful, both Brokers must be up and running when the move is attempted. If one or both Brokers isn't running, the move will be tried again in the next minute and so on.
If an error occurs during a move attempt, the request will be preserved, but it won't be acted on again until the error is fixed and the request is updated.
Fetching Move Requests
Fetch details on a move request by performing a GET on the _cid of the request:
From this we can see:
- There is a request to move Check 46883 from /broker/1 to /broker/245
- The request is Pending and has not yet been acted upon
If a Check is successfully moved to the new Broker, the move request will be automatically deleted. If an error occurs, the _status will indicate "Error" and the _error field will contain details about the error. You can delete the request or update it to fix the error.
Creating a new Move Request
You can request a Check be moved to a new Broker by creating a new move request:
Modifying a Move Request
You can update an existing move request by PUTing a different target Broker to the cid. For example, to change the Broker you want to move the Check to:
As is normal with Circonus the PUT method returns the full JSON of the updated move request in response.
Listing Move Requests
Fetch a list of all pending move requests by performing a GET on the check_move endpoint:
Deleting a Move Request
A move request can be deleted (up until it is successfully executed) by sending a DELETE on the request's _cid:
Circonus Keyboard Shortcuts
- Jump to the user documentation.
- Show this keyboard help screen.
- Close help screens and dialogs.
- Focus on any available search field.
- Refresh content on the page without reloading the entire page; currently works on graphs, worksheets, and dashboards.
Graph Grid Shortcuts
- On a worksheet, hold it down to invert the current legend hover
On “My Graphs” and the “Trending & Analytics Dash,” hold it down to show the legend when hovering over a graph.
- Hold down to show the date shifting toolbar for modifying the start date. Can be combined with <period>.
- Hold down to show the date shifting toolbar for modifying the end date. Can be combined with <comma>.
- Nudge the date range for the current graph(s) backward.
- Nudge the date range for the current graph(s) forward.
- Toggle the display of histogram sparklines (shown upon hovering over a graph when viewing or when on a dashboard).
- Hold down to unlock graph hovering datapoint selection, allowing mouse hovering to select nearby datapoints. The heads-up legend will also show on the graph while this shortcut is held down.
Mousewheel & Touchpad Shortcuts
- Hold down while scrolling to zoom graphs' Y axes.
- Hold down while scrolling to zoom graphs' X axis.
- Hold down while scrolling to shift graphs' X axis.
- Hold down while scrolling to shift graphs' X axis start dates. Can be combined with <period>.
- Hold down while scrolling to shift graphs' X axis end dates. Can be combined with <comma>.