API Documentation | Snapshot
The Snapshot API endpoint allows you to retrieve PNG images of shared resources such as shared graphs, shared dashboards, and shared worksheets. Use this API with a GET call including query parameters that describe the shared resource. The response will include a base64-encoded PNG image of the shared page as it appeared at the time of the request.
Note: This is currently a beta API endpoint and is subject to change without notice.
Note: Currently, Dashboard widgets configured for streaming data will appear as blank widgets on shared Dashboard images.
To fetch a PNG image of a shared resource, perform an HTTP GET request to /snapshot including the following required query parameters:
- The type of shared resource, one of 'dashboards', 'graphs', or 'worksheets' (plural)
- The uuid of the shared resource
- The access key of the shared resource
You can find the above elements for any shared resource by examining its URL. They are the last three path elements of the URL; e.g., for the following URL
- type = dashboards
- uuid = 36b5a748-5614-57f1-87e3-32ca709c9cza
- key = JMbcvC
Circonus Keyboard Shortcuts
- Jump to the user documentation.
- Show this keyboard help screen.
- Close help screens and dialogs.
- Focus on any available search field.
- Refresh content on the page without reloading the entire page; currently works on graphs, worksheets, and dashboards.
Graph Grid Shortcuts
- On a worksheet, hold it down to invert the current legend hover
On “My Graphs” and the “Trending & Analytics Dash,” hold it down to show the legend when hovering over a graph.
- Hold down to show the date shifting toolbar for modifying the start date. Can be combined with <period>.
- Hold down to show the date shifting toolbar for modifying the end date. Can be combined with <comma>.
- Nudge the date range for the current graph(s) backward.
- Nudge the date range for the current graph(s) forward.
- Toggle the display of histogram sparklines (shown upon hovering over a graph when viewing or when on a dashboard).
- Hold down to unlock graph hovering datapoint selection, allowing mouse hovering to select nearby datapoints. The heads-up legend will also show on the graph while this shortcut is held down.
Mousewheel & Touchpad Shortcuts
- Hold down while scrolling to zoom graphs' Y axes.
- Hold down while scrolling to zoom graphs' X axis.
- Hold down while scrolling to shift graphs' X axis.
- Hold down while scrolling to shift graphs' X axis start dates. Can be combined with <period>.
- Hold down while scrolling to shift graphs' X axis end dates. Can be combined with <comma>.